Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a LB7 with the stock tranny. i have a ppe boost valve k and n cold air with AFE filter. 4 inch turbo back exhuast, and edge juice with attitude on level 6. im not sure what the hp and torque is. maybe 485 hp 850 lbs? at crank. question is how much more can a stock allison take before problems.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Ya there are plenty of other options. Efi being the ultimate. But u also have ppe and qs2 that are good for the price.

Efi will make your edge seem like stock lol!!!

It all depends on what you want to do with the truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i drive my truck, thats it, i hardly puill and when i do i dont pull loads that are that heavy so i dont want to build it to be a puller, i want a hot runnin street truck, i want to get down on it and feel the power and not be scared to play at a red light and have some confidence at the track, im not looking for a 8 second truck i just want a good runnin everyday street truck. id like to get my 0-60 from my best 6 flat to around 5 flat, and my best 1/4 mile 16 sec flat to around 14

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Sounds like Efi is in you future. Efi live is limited only by your truck. You can get a tune from a well known builder and have at it. I loved my ppe standard and was pretty quick with it but efi live is at a different level. Even smaller tunes feel bigger than the big ppe tunes.

Btw are you launching in 4x4?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have launched in 4x4 in 0-60 its about 1.0 to 1.3 sec faster but slower in the quarter.i have a friend. same motor. but 5 inch exhaust and boost valve and 100 hp tune from EFI live. we raced both dead stop. he got a jump off the line and i caught and passed him just pass the 8th. on a 35 mph take off i left him pretty easy. but im very interested in learning about EFI live

1 - 7 of 7 Posts