Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I'm curious if you can add OEM armrests to a OEM seat that didn't come with armrests from the factory? I am doing a full center console swap in my 04 LLY truck and getting rid of the jump seat. I'm pretty sure all trucks that came with the full console from the factory had armrests on the seats, and the jumps seat style console didn't since the console was your armrest.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Totally different seats. Your best bet is to swap from an LT trim truck.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally different seats. Your best bet is to swap from an LT trim truck.
Ok, thanks a bunch for the reply. I saw on gmpartsdirect you could get leather or cloth armrests. I didn't know if they offered cloth in the LT trim or not. So that tells me my truck must be a LS trim.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I have seen a few GMT800 trucks in LT trim with cloth, but not many. The LT got the center console and the LS had the middle seat, so you likely have an LS, but just look in your glovebox to make sure. You should also have LS or LT emblems on your C-pillar.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
It will be on your RPO tag if you want to confirm.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess my best bet will be to see if I can get lucky and find someone that is parting out a truck with the same interior color as mine but has the cloth armrest seats.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I have owned 2 cloth LT trucks with armrests in the seats. I know of many others including 1500s.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have owned 2 cloth LT trucks with armrests in the seats. I know of many others including 1500s.
Sweet, I'll keep a eye out for some. I'd like to switch them over to leather, but my wife hates leather with a passion. I told her she's nuts! She's already not pleased that I'm ditching the jump seat and putting a full console in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.