Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to put a 3" body lift on my 2001 duramax 3500, and no where can i find a kit for a 2001 but i have seen in a few other forums that people have said that it can be done but they dont tell you what needs to be done to make it work. any advice would be very helpfull before i decide to go and buy a kit and try and make it work. and also what kit is it that people are buying and making work? there is something about the 01-02 8.1L and the duramax that they dont make a body lift for and i just would like to know what i have to do to lift my duramax.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i also agree get the suspension lift but if your set on the body lift i thinkn fatbobsgarage has a body lift for the 2001 duramax. not sure if it will fit on the 3500 but its worth taking a look

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
Contact Norcal Nick on here, he can get you the info you need.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
is it a 3500 DRW or SRW? if its a SRW then one for a 2500HD will work just fine, not many lifts state being compatible with 3500 even though they are compatible (on the SRW at least)

·
Registered
662 Posts
body lifts are super gay....
get a cognito leveling kit if your hard up for an inch or 2
if you want 3-4 get a cheap suspension lift.. you can find em for 1200-1500

·
Registered
416 Posts
when i bought my truck it had a 3" BODY Lift... it looks really good...

BUT... I HATE HOW LOW THE ENGINE sits under the hood... and there are SEVERAL misc lines and stuff that dont sit on theyre stock supports ect...

other than that its nice...

btw i have a 2wd... with 4" lift spindles and 3" blocks rear...

clears 35's easily enough where i might get some 37"s to throw under it haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright well someone people say its possible, some people say its not like everyone that has a kit that says will not fit 8.1 or duramax, called fat bobs garage because on the web site it doesnt say that it will not work for a duramax but if you call them they will tell you that it wont work, they say its because of the intercooler piping not being flexible???? any suggestions? thanks

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I was told the same thing for my 96 cummins. We ordered on for a gas truck and use all the parts in it and were able to modify both intercooler tubes to work. Was now a piece of cake to run 5" from turbo all the way back. First time I went out to enterprise in oh dave saw it and figured that's how he could get some more clearance for his twins.

anyway it can be done just be ready to modify and fab some brackets

1 - 12 of 12 Posts