Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to take off my RCD lift and go with a basic leveling kit (the RCD 6 inch lift is a complete pita)

I plan on buying these wheels and tires (see photo) to accommodate the stock suspension but need to order centercaps for the wheels.
I was told they are Eagle Alloys 8 X 16 but want to know what model they are (or if they actually Eagle Alloy wheels?

I cannot find these at ANY tire and wheel website so I'm looking to you for help identifying these wheels.

They are similar to the factory GM wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any center cap with that diameter will work, try tirerack.com and 4wheelparts.com. Most tires shops have access to manufacturers directly, might could order something easier than you could. I too am trying to get my 6 inch RCD off and back to stock height. I hate how high my truck is, can hardly get into it without jumping. Lifted trucks used to be my thing, but now comfort and fuel mileage is more important to me. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree about lifted trucks. Everything revolves around the lift from.......tires stick out 4-5 inches, truck is dirty 110% of the time, dont bother washing truck, massive drop/ball mount for towing, had to install AMP retractable steps (actually pretty cool), cant see cars next to me in mirror, cant throw a leg up on the tailgate & jump in, impossible to load a dirtbike in the back, RCD rides nice but sags when you load anything over 10lbs in the back ='s airbags + tapered spacers to match, can't carry a spare where it's supposed to go (takes up room in the bed now)...I could go on but....

Thanks for the tip at 4wheelparts and tirerack

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed, looks to be the old stone crushers if i remember correctly?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree about lifted trucks. Everything revolves around the lift from.......tires stick out 4-5 inches, truck is dirty 110% of the time, dont bother washing truck, massive drop/ball mount for towing, had to install AMP retractable steps (actually pretty cool), cant see cars next to me in mirror, cant throw a leg up on the tailgate & jump in, impossible to load a dirtbike in the back, RCD rides nice but sags when you load anything over 10lbs in the back ='s airbags + tapered spacers to match, can't carry a spare where it's supposed to go (takes up room in the bed now)...I could go on but....

Thanks for the tip at 4wheelparts and tirerack
^^people make fun of me for saying this kind of thing about my lift, i dont even like my truck anymore because its such a pain in the ass!

Along with the other guys, it does kinda look like a forged weld wheel but its definitely not a stone crusher(picture below). I got the picture from desertrat.com. I have the weld mountain crushers and its impossible to find a set of original center caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, not the mountain crusher (weld) but it does have the same bead/edge as your photo which makes me wonder if it is a weld wheel

·
Registered
273 Posts
did you ever take your lift off? i'd be interested in buying it

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks mostly like a Weld Racing Sidewinder but your outside edge definitely matches the Stonecrusher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts