Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
you'd have to change the top pad to a 1500 then it would fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know of a truck with the SS bumper on it. I don't have any pictures of it.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
well I wanted to do this and after talking with a GM body shop, there are quite a few mods that would need to happen. The bumper on an SS is for a 1/2 ton and apparently the brackets are different, ant if you have them, you will loose the tow hooks and fog lights, both of which things i will not give up. I just couldn't make it worth it... i think that it looks sweet, but unless you change both front and back, take off your door moldings and change your grille, it still looks out of place... thats a lot of work to loose chrome :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
i belive street scene makes a ss bumper cover that fits over your stock bumper (2500hd). my buddy had one on his truck.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here's an SS conversion I did on my 2500 Quadrasteer. If you do a conversion on the 2500HD you need a smaller upper bumper pad and need to change the bumper brackets to fill the larger gap the HD has - or you can just get some longer bolts and stack up a bunch of washers at each bracket.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This makes me happy :) I've got some pretty serious winter plans for my rig... One of which is swapping an SS front clip onto it.

Sweet titties!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Anyone else done this mod? If you have is everyone just using the bumper cover or a replacement bumper?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts