Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so as you can tell from my signature I have a lift in my truck and all the goodies.
Anyways, soo due to some unforeseen circumstances (long story) my insurance company found out about my lift and mods and thus canceled my policy. So does anyone in Canada know who insures lifted trucks? I know insurance companies will insure those lil' rice rockets but not a lifted truck and they use the "center of gravity is higher" bs as their reasoning as to why they wont GrrRRrr . Sooo I need help asap.
I dont know what this would go under forum wise but help .

Thanks so much.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Damn girl.....That sucks... Personally I have never heard of someone getting their policy cancelled. Who were you with? In ontario I was insured with wawanesa, never had a problem with lifted trucks.... I know my one buddy had to remove his lift because the ins was cheaper without it.

Where abouts in Ontario are you from?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Damn girl.....That sucks... Personally I have never heard of someone getting their policy cancelled. Who were you with? In ontario I was insured with wawanesa, never had a problem with lifted trucks.... I know my one buddy had to remove his lift because the ins was cheaper without it.

Wawanesa might be a good option....I have Wawanes in the U.S. and they have never looked at any vehicle that I've insured

Not sure if you can be self insured in Canada, but in Calif, if you can post a minimum bond of $15,000 you can be self insured.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, super long story as to why they did... But they did and their dicks for doing so. I was with TD. Intact insurance said they'd take it, I sent them the list of mods and everything since I'm pretty sure TD flagged me, so I'll find out today. But I will for sure try Wawanesa if Intact says no. I just don't want to get into a situation where I say for example I crash the truck or someone runs out and I hit them and the company denies my claim due to my lift . Would rather be safe than sorry .

& I'm from Barrie/Parry Sound area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What ever happened? I'm with TD now and they are idiots! I will be looking for a new insurance company soon.

·
Registered
673 Posts
State Farm has always been the cheapest for me. Even with my 2 sleds, boat, cottage and house etc no one can beat there rates... I have been with them since I was 16.

My buddy who is a broker can't touch their rates. You can check with a good broker, they should be able to find something for you.

Chels - Is that your truck in Diesel Power?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
That sucks Chels !!!

TD is who I got the cheepest quote from but they didnt know about any of the mods !!!

I know Trent was/is with TD and they droped him just because he put farm plates on his truck so he had to put normal plates back on and send them pictures and all that !!!!

stupid insurance lol

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
and ya ps your truck looks bad ass in both the diesel power mag!!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
come to sask we have gov run insurance. cheap and no inspection etc before they insure.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
i have td as well and my buddy has a stack on his truck and they would no longer insure it because they said it is "modified" i personally have not had any troubles yet but my truck isnt lifted. i am just curious as to how they found out about your lift and mods as im planning on lifting my truck in the spring

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey sorry for the lack of response! THANK YOU to everyone who commented. I actually found insurance!! With In-Tact Insurance, they had no problem insuring me, BUT the kicker is that they consider my truck to be "high risk" , yet they have no idea how UNSAFE a damn smart car is... idiots.

Black 2500 - Yes, that's my truck in diesel power !

Tav - QUIT BEIN A STRANGER!! (this is super late... I know..)

Varrty yo - Actually ideally would like to go to AB!

ploarisiq93 - My brother rolled his truck and they denied the claim due to the lift blah blah blah, ended up only getting just enough to cover the truck. I guess they just searched , no idea though. Not too concerned now, I'd rather have insurance than be totally F-ed if something happens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is intact through a broker or direct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts