Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2017 Silverado i have options within the vehicle settings screen for the mirrors to tilt when in reverse, heated seats during remote start, etc.
I have the mirror tilting turned ON, as well as the heated seats for remote start and mirror folding when turned off. The only one that works is the mirror tilting. When i remote start the heated seats don't turn on and when i shut the truck off the mirrors aren't folding in.
When i do those items manually using the buttons on the door for the mirrors or the dash for the seats, they work. Am i missing another setting somewhere?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
You might be misunderstanding the mirror fold setting. It's not really 'auto when shut off' folding.

Auto Mirror Folding
When on, the outside mirrors will automatically fold or unfold when the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter lock or unlock button is pressed and held

Press hand hold fob lock button to fold, press and hold fob unlock to unfold.

Not sure if this is the issue, but heated seat on remote start doesn't light the seat heater lights -- and -- it will not leave them on after the key is used.
It only works if cold enough, and the seat probably won't be warm to touch (probably because the heat transfers to the air in cab when a butt isn't on it)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks redwagnr!!

I got the mirrors to work as you described.

I still don't feel like the seats are working though. Is the heated/cooled seats dependant on the outside temp?
On my wifes 2017 GMC Acadia, when she remote starts her leather seats are super warm.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yes, it depends on temperature.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Thanks redwagnr!!

I got the mirrors to work as you described.

I still don't feel like the seats are working though. Is the heated/cooled seats dependant on the outside temp?
On my wifes 2017 GMC Acadia, when she remote starts her leather seats are super warm.
Yes, depends on ambient temp, but if it's frost out they should work.
Even working, they won't feel 'warm to touch', and have to be turned on again after key used (and the indicator doesn't come on when key not in use).

You can 'home' test some cold morning by key start / idle comparing how the butt thermometer feels compared to a remote cold start / idle the same/similar ambient temperature.
The heaters are slow. (imho, quicker than the '11 was, but still slow. Slower than some other M vehicles. My bet is above test will find same butt feel.)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
when its cold out and I use remote start the seats get warm, steering when gets hot etc, reverse when its hot out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts