Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So changing the pan out to a PPE... got the crossmember off, bolts and nuts off the oil pan, and back out the trans bolt.

I have tried everything to get this pan off... tried a chisel like PPE recommends. Theres only on spot (above the sensor hole) that I can even get to with a chisel. It started to damage the upper pan so I stopped.

So I then tried the gas pipe method. Pushed in the sensor and utilized that hole as a prying point. I broke the pipe off at the 90, so flipped the pipe and tried again.... it broke again. This is insane.

Im stuck.... I have no choice but to find a way to get the pan off as I shoved the sensor in. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Stick a few bolts back in and put a piece of wood against it n beat it with a hammer. Pry, pull, beat, cuss, yell, whatever it takes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm dreading taking mine off,thinking a little heat to soften the rtv may be in order.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it off (thats what she said). Marred up the upper pan, but hoping the rtv with still seal. Been test fitting the new pan... boy is this gonna be tough

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I remember mine being tough to get off as well, but the PPE has never leaked, and I get all of the oil out now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts