Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LLY will start fine but after a few minutes of drivng it acts like it's in limp mode. White smoke pours out. Knocks super loud like a older powerstroke. I pull over and shut off. Wait about a min and restart. Runs great for maybe 5-10 min then losses power again. Is this a computer problem? I replaced theFuel filter and have fresh fuel in it. I also removed the banks tuner and it still does this. Injectors maybe? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I would have a tech II hooked up to the truck. It sounds like its getting alot more fuel than it needs imo, so fuel filter would be ruled out right away. I'm just throwing out a thought but I dont think its an injector either because if it was a hung injector you would have trouble bulding rail pressure and high rail pressure makes a loud knock like a powerstroke. Timing could be messed up, how? I don't know. Really the best bet is to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben Im taking it to the dealer next week...just wanted to see if I could fix before..

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
If it cannot connect you could have a Class II issue at the OBDII port.

It sounds like the injector harnesses expect for the fact that it runs good for 10 minutes after startup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm confused because If I restart the truck it's normal again for a different amount time each time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could the computer be failing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts