Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 lb7 with 4 inch straight pipe,cold air, and banks 6 gun with pda.
I had made a boost fooler valve to increase boost and it worked an extra 2-3 psi wich put it at 25 psi max. but it should have been 7-10 psi about 30-31 psi. i wanted to see if i had another problem and unhooked waist gate compleatly, pluged boost hose and test it and still it wont go over 25 psi on speed loader tune,there should be plenty of fuel.The guy i got the banks from was very very noligable. He showed me how to make my own boost fooler valve to achieve his max of 31 psi.
Does any one have any idea? wtf:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Some trucks won't read over 25 psi from the factory. Like the actual ECM and won't register anything over it. I hear that there isn't a boost "psi" sensor. It actually just goes off your map or something... I forgot what trucks did this though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just weird because The guy i got programmer from read it from the pda its self and his was the same truck. he read 31 psi.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
You may have to put a different MAP sensor in. The best way to see what your boost is really doing is to put in an aftermarket boost gauge and don't rely on your ECM reading. An aftermarket glow shift gauge is going to be alot more precise.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts