Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating between the BDS 4" or the 6" lift. Mayb you guys could put up some pictures of your lifts?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
If you tow alot I would say 4", if you're going for looks I would go 6". Are you lifted already?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do all my towin with the D-Max. Curenntly its at stock height, i was thinkin 6 cause the duramax has the 7" bds kit and i love that

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
ok personally I would do 4". Thats what I have. My buddy has 6" and he complains about towing when he has to. Used his truck once and it was too big for me lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Lots of guys run the 6 turned down with a shorter block in the rear, makes for really nice cv angles and you can always play with the height to get what you're looking for. Some 6 '' kits are cheaper than the 4s.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lots of guys run the 6 turned down with a shorter block in the rear, makes for really nice cv angles and you can always play with the height to get what you're looking for. Some 6 '' kits are cheaper than the 4s.

:rofl:rofl

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I have a 7 turned down to about a 4.. I have great CV angles and ride is nice. I had it up to 7 for a bit, but didn't like it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:poke[1]:
Guys its the 6.2 forum, he has an 84 1/2 ton.
Its a 10 bolt up front, no advice on CVs or torsion bars needed :eek:

My 85 doesn't have any lift on it and looks great on 37s, but it is super high GVW so tall springs. Your probably not into trimming, like I did though haha. What size tire are you planning on running?
If you aren't doing any trimming I would go 6". Usually no driveshafts needed for the most part.
Is it manual or auto? Don't really want to go too big of tires with an auto unless you regear.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Can't see which forum on my phone.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It really depends on what size tires you want to run. I like the small lift giant tire look myself.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Rancho is giving $400 prepaid visa cards til the end of june if you a buy a lift. Fyi

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is a BDS 4" lift (all spring, no blocks) with 33" tires. I have 36" tires that fit on here too (fenders are lightly trimmed). A 1 ton might sit higher than a 1/2 ton does.

These pics are from before the paint job.

100_0326.jpg

100_0327.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts