Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had 8k fogs to match my low beams and had a slight issue with them that involved running over the control units (long story stort, the sticky stuff on them aint that great), so im tryin to decide if i should get the same color or maybe the yellow 3k ones. Lemme know your ideas!

reference pic from when i had the 8k's in them:

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I have 8k in low beams and fog lights I like them the same and it is bright as hell

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
308 Posts
I prefer matching and i like the 8k's, yellow looks kinda...ehhh, IMO

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think they look better matching. But yellow is more functional in the rain/ fog/ snow.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Yellow is better if you live in a foggy area, it penetrates fog better. Having said that, I have 3000K fogs and wish I had gotten at keast 1000K hotter, they are very yellow. IIRC, 6000K is optimal for best visibility, there is absolutely no advantage in going above 6000K, unless you just have to have blue or purple lights.....

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
the 3k is unbeatable in winter driving conditions. hands down.

that being said, daily driving you'll probably get more light output running a 5k/6k. 8k is dumb to me unless its a 55w, too dark of a color, begins hurting your light output anyways by 6k, why take it any further?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i have 5000 all the way around in mine, and it looks like im aiming the sun down the road in front of me. not a hint of blue in them

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eh I bought 8k the first time i got them so ill either do yellow or match the 8ks, I think they have sufficient light output for my needs anyway

·
Registered
304 Posts
ya i have 8ks in high, lows, and fogs on mine and love em. im a matching type person haha it would drive me nuts if i had mismatched fogs!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i plan on running 6k lows and 3k yellow fogs ... i like the yellow fogs for when i go to the desert helps for night time with all the dust

1 - 10 of 10 Posts