Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have looked and looked for the how-to bottle test and shimming the FPRV. may have over looked it, can somebody post the link for me?

i am guessing this is the problem: when i go to pass some one, i push the pedal to the floor and it takes a few second for the power to kick in, and when i was towing my trailer the other day i was having to give it more pedal than i normally would?

·
Premium Member
17,808 Posts
How old is the fuel filter-??

The bottle test is used to measure the amount of fuel the FPRV dumps. At the back of the driver's fuel rail, there is a "U" shaped hose-- remove the hose from the driver's rail, and plug the hose. Now use a long piece of hose- 3/8 and connect it to the rail nipple, and place the end in a bottle. position it so it will not fall over. Now drive the truck hard for several miles-- lots of wide-open runs. Then check the bottle-- if there is more than a few drops in the bottle, the rail FPRV is bleeding off rail pressure.

The FPRV is located at the rear of the driver's fuel rail-- looks like a plug. Use a GOOD 18 mm wrench [I ground down one side of mine for mor contact surface] and a additional large wrench on the end, for more leverage-[suckers are tight] A shim kit is available from many of the Forum supporting vendors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts