Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever had a back window leak at the top right corner? Mine leaks bad and I put some weather stripping adhesive in the upper window to body joint and it still leaks up there. This is irritating.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know mine leaked bc of the third brake light and water would get in from there

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just noticed mine is leaking too. My dad had to get his resealed also.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Third brake light. I'll look there. I was going to have safelite reseal it but they wanted $100 to r&r it and if the back window broke, I had to pay for that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats crazy, because I just noticied this past weekend mine is too. Went to Basspro in Springfield and its been raining cats and dogs and my son pointed out that it was leaking. Sure enough both corners at the back of the headliner was wet. WTH??? And now we have either snow or rain here for the next 4 days.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah I had that problem it would pour rain and headliner in the corners would be soaked. Took third brake light out and sealed it. Haven't had any issues since

·
Registered
502 Posts
Some rtv silicone sealant from advance autoparts but can probably get that anywhere and also had a friend say he used weather stripping as his gasket and it worked great for him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. Common problem I guess. I bought my truck in October and the headliner was stained when I got it. Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one thinking I need some swimming trunks on to drive my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts