Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing the dmaxstore front end stage 3 kit. i already have the right side off and im working on the left. iv used a breaker car and socket, even tryed jumping on it with everything iv got. i dont have the air to run a 3/4 or 1 in impact. any ideas please?? and could it be left handed threads??

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought the same thing but im trying to avoid that. what if i took a air hammer to it?

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Take air hammer to it... won't hurt nothing, if all else fails, and you are replacing hub, use some heat on the nut, like tgreene said, won't take much.

A snipe and a good 3/4" socket set usually works fine.

They are not left handed.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
I just took mine off about 20 mins ago... :) came off like a dream because I copper coat everything on my truck lol.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
you say you dont have enough air to run a 3/4 or 1 inch gun but do you have enough to run a good 1/2 inch gun? i have never had a problem with them using my 1/2 inch gun and a hub nut socket.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you say you dont have enough air to run a 3/4 or 1 inch gun but do you have enough to run a good 1/2 inch gun? i have never had a problem with them using my 1/2 inch gun and a hub nut socket.
yes sir i do, which it took the right side off just fine. and just tryd the air hammer and the nut dont even budge.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
if you got good penetrating lube, spray it and wait til morning?

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
They come with some high strength thread locker from the factory, a little heat softens the "glue" and you're good to go. If it's been off before it may be a lot easier since it probably didn't get the thread locker.....

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Use heat....It prob has a shit ton of threadlocker on it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well iv used heat, 1 in impact and 5 ft cheater. how should i go about cutting the SOB off?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Take pictures .... I know a LOT of guys looking at this kit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i most deff will. think i could just cut the cv in half?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have had a nut that did not want to come off, I am not a fan of using heat, I use a high speed cutting wheel and cut into the nut on three sides, soak it up and use a decent impact and off it comes. If it does not come off just cut three more slices either farther in or out a bit. use the impact when the nut has some heat in it. Works for me! you do need a new nut.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't left handed nuts have notches on the outsides of the heads?

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
No don't cut the CV in half it won't do you any good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts