Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my EFI from Kory today, super excited to get them in after work. However, there was a problem when I opened the box. There was no DSP5 switch, I don't know if I have to buy that separate but it kind of puzzled me. Went ahead and tried to flash it anyway since someone told me I can use just the autocal to run tunes, cool.

I read out the stock file, licensed my ECU, but when I hit one of the tunes to select, it says no support. Am I missing something? I followed all of the steps and now my edge evolution won't even work, it says this system has a mainos or something along those lines and no tunes are even available for the edge. Do I have to have the DSP5 to run it? Or can I substitute it for an Insight CS? Anything helps!:help

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Lb7 and Lly should be able to switch tunes on a cts. I'm unsure about a cs tho.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got the EFI option on it, just not on my evolution which is identical but the insight cs doesn't have tunes. I'm just wondering because I selected "No" when it asked me if I wanted to use the Insight CS or not. Makes me wonder if I can't use the CS for some reason or if that's meant for them to know if I want the DSP5 switch or not.

·
Registered
575 Posts
In my experience, when I ordered the autocal they asked if I wanted to use a dsp5 OR my cts. I'm Pretty sure it's one or the other. Maybe give your tuner a call?? Good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It asked if I wanted to use the Insight or not. I put no, so I was expecting a switch. I'm going to plug in my old insight and see how it works out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It asked if I wanted to use the Insight or not. I put no, so I was expecting a switch. I'm going to plug in my old insight and see how it works out.
The autocal asked you this or korys website. Sorry I'm a bit confused

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
You can purchase tunes with or without the DSP5 switch and with or without the Insight control feature. I would contact Kory or whoever you purchased the tuning from and have them help you straighten this out. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding. James

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kory's sight asked me. Now I can't even flash my truck, I get a $0537 error code. I go to read, it says E54 and the full says N/A. I'm just trying to get it where I can use my Insight CS but I'm having trouble understanding how to go about this. I read somewhere I have to go from hardwire to serial? How do I do that?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have never used an autocal so Im not sure that you can change that. I believe that if you selected not to use your monitor that you must then buy a dsp5. However you should still be able to load the tune. If you did not pay the 40 or 50 bucks for the switch you will not receive it, as I doubt this is part of the tuning package. Like others have said Kory is very good with helping people out. I do know from experience that email is often best with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey bud, you can only switch tunes if you have a Edge CTS not a CS. Also make sure when you flash the DSP5 tune that the radio, radio amp, and info fusses are all pulled from under the main fuse box under the hood!

If you keep having issues contact me at the office tomorrow and I'll get you straightened out!

When you purchase a DSP5 tune we have a drop down that indicates if you want a DSP5 switch or not at the top of the screen! In your order you didn't select the DSP5 switch.

Get with me tomorrow and I'll get you one sent out!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel really dumb now, I just looked back at the website and saw the DSP5 option lol. Any ideas on why I'm getting that $0537 error?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did you pull the recommended fuses?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't tried it quite yet, it's a bit nipply out. I would need to hook up the DSP5 first though right? Sorry for the ?s, my first EFI Live tuning and a couple miscommunications on my part. I just can't wait to get the tunes on and go!

·
Registered
119 Posts
The $0537 is a "controller is locked to a custom key" so that may be a fuse you need to pull or make sure the edge is not piggy backed into the wiring harness anywhere!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Way too cold out to be out right now, I'll wait till after work tomorrow and pull it in the shop and tinker some more. I'll give you guys a call in the a.m!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it all figured out, thanks to Chad for his awesome customer service! Walked me through on what went wrong and how to fix it, now I'm just waiting for my DSP5 switch. Optimized stock is absolutely awesome in itself! Big thanks to Chad and Kory for sending me the tune files and walking me through everything!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
:thumb:gearjamin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts