Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any car audio guys on for some help with a component speaker install?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, I have a dark green and a light green wire at my front speakers. Anyone know which one is positive or negative?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
plug the speaker back in and look to see where the light green wire goes. take a 9 volt and touch the speaker terminals. If the speakers moved inward the light green is negative it the speaker moves outward the light green is positive

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm probably an idiot, but I don't follow.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
simply put Light green is positive, I was trying to give you an option of finding out which wire is positive on your own.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys. sorry i dont understand the battery thing. ive got three hooked up and the driver side to do still. i had to listen to it before i quit for the night, and the improvement is huge. i can hear a little bit of a light static when using my iphone/ipod. its not huge just a whisper. i wonder if thats just with the ipod. i havent got a chance to try a cd yet. ill finish tomorrow after work, then ill check it out.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Darker is hot/positive side.............
you can also verify this with a speaker in your hand!!If the speaker cone jumps out,you have got the polarity correct,if it seems to fire inward,then it is backwards.....BUT usually all GM vehicles I had[LOT,lol]the darker ones are the hot/positive....

EXAMPLE: a orange and brown pair........Orange would be your positive.....My PAC adapter is wired into my blue sets in the rear,AFTER the Bose sub/amp under the console!:drink:drink
Aw you're welcome:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can someone tell me about the 9 volt thing in a little more detail. now i have two answers and am not sure what to do.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
can someone tell me about the 9 volt thing in a little more detail. now i have two answers and am not sure what to do.
all you have to do is take a nine volt and put what you think is the positive of the speaker to the positive of the nine volt and the neg to the neg of the nine volt. If the speaker moves forward you have the correct polarity if the speaker moved inward then just reverse the wires.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we must have different color wires twinturbo. i finally did figure it out though. the battery thing works even with a double a. thanks for all your help though i really appreciate it. everything sounds great, now its time for the sub and amp. once u get started its hard to stop!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
is getting new door speakers as easy as pulling off the door panels and swapping the old speakers for new ones? what about an amp? if i do new speakers should i just run them on the stock amp?

thanks

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
is getting new door speakers as easy as pulling off the door panels and swapping the old speakers for new ones? what about an amp? if i do new speakers should i just run them on the stock amp?

thanks
yes,it's that easy!add an amp if you think they are not loud enough....

·
Registered
563 Posts
sounds good, thanks!:rockin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts