Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a place online to get a decent car cover? One of my buddies just deployed to AFG and left his car at my place. We are stationed at Fort Bliss so he left me some cash and asked me to pick hm up a decent car cover. It doesn't rain too much down here, but I want to get a breathable one so it is ok when it does rain. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Here is some advice

1.If it is a Gasser, Run it out of gas and then put like 2 or 3gallons in there with some Sta-Bil, run it idling for about 15 min to get some sta-bil treated fuel all the way to the engine.
2. Get the car cover at autozone or oreily's the kind with the draw string so you can tighten it up.

if it is going to sit longer than 6 months do the #1 process all over.

Letting a gasser sit with gasoline in it for long periods of time without going through this process will make it a b*tch to get running later on

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Duh I just looked at what sub-forum this is in...its a gasser...I guess I could check that out when I am cruising the active threads before posting in them

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doc...way to do that reading thing... :rofl:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
yeah I never look at the sub-forums and just post...makes my relevant posts as much of a surprise to me as they are to anyone else

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose that is at least part of the reason for your "least likely to be helpful" award...

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
well that and my constant trolling...which has kind of subsided here lately with me actually leaving the basement and playing this awesome multi-player role playing game called "life" the fk'n graphics are amazing, missions kinda suck though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts