Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved the silver/black combo on anything. Right now due to the 83mm turbo and 5" intake, its rubbed away the hood insulation underneath. I'm thinking a good carbon fiber hood with cowl would look sick on my silver birch baby, but I'm having a hard time finding any online. Anyone here know of a good company to look into? I'm not trying to spend 2500+ on something custom, but I'd like either a ram air style or 2" cowl

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Fill out your signature so we know what you have.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Scrolled thru your posts.....see it's an LLY.

Not a lot of choices for that step up height LLY/LBZ HD hood.
Metal Cowl is the only one offered.
If you're near Arlington, Summit stocks 'em.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what I'm seeing, metal would be fine, just didn't want to have to deal with the prepping, fitting and painting. Just hoping there was a carbon one some where, oh well

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
It comes prepped (black), ready for paint.

Registered
Yeah that's what I'm seeing, metal would be fine, just didn't want to have to deal with the prepping, fitting and painting. Just hoping there was a carbon one some where, oh well
you could also sand it back to metal and then put a layer of carbon over it if you just want the look. You could also make a mold of the hood and build your own but that gets a lot more complicated quickly.

Registered
Chavis had one on his race truck years ago iirc. Call VIS carbon products.

Registered
Chavis had one on his race truck years ago iirc. Call VIS carbon products.
You never cease to amaze me how you remember all of the specific people and modifications that they have done to their trucks lol

Registered
I've been around longer than it says on here. My girl probabaly wonders why I remember random useless tid bits of info but cant remember to turn the dryer on after putting clothes in it :rofl

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking of buying a metal hood and doing a wrap, last toone I bought a hood was for my chevelle, whaaaaat was supposed to be a "bolt on" took an entire week of filling and sanding and shimming to make it fit, but I still may do that since they're relatively cheap though. Appreciate the help guys thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts