Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck currently has the Wood Grain around the cluster/radio. Is this a factory piece? Can i trade it in for a peice that looks like carbon fibre?
Also can i get the peice around the cup holders in a Carbon Fibre trim? How do you change this peice, like how hard is it to remove?
Did all the SLT's come with Wood Grain trim, or was this just put in after on my truck?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get a picture if needed but i don't think it came from the factory with this peice.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
That carbon fiber looks slick. My stocks paint is chipping away.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another thing is it possible to sand down the factory wood grain and paint over it? I am looking to add something different to my factory interior.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Another thing is it possible to sand down the factory wood grain and paint over it? I am looking to add something different to my factory interior.
IMO painting interiors is usually a bit over done....painting your trim yellow when its a black/grey interior is not cool and does not add any HP....

as far as I know anyway...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not looking to paint it something completely different. Im just looking to paint it to match the factory dark gray interior.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
one of our vendors sells paint to match factory.....think it might be alligator.....could be wrong...too lazy to look....

but have at it

·
Registered
31 Posts
search for Auto Dynamic West. They have kits and will exchange your pieces for new ones. Lots of options.

·
Registered
987 Posts
ive been looking for the dark marble color radio cluster surround out of a denali for a good price this piece looks sweet!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the carbon fiber dash inserts and it looks nice with the black interior. I have the regency package on my truck. You may try calling rengency nd see if you can get it from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.