Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some please explain to me the "Carolina Squat"? I've only been back in NC a little over a year but the number of trucks lifted in the front and lowered in the back is increasing and I have to ask the purpose of this, is it some kind of hunting or Baha want to be thing?

This is not my truck but an example,

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is a real thing?? Oh no... :cookoo[1]:

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe they're just in the middle of lifting a truck and drove it around to mess with people...
Nope, if you Google "Carolina squat" it's all over the place here and SC. They have truck clubs with just these trucks rolling around. I don't get it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went to Carolina beach over the summer and saw some of these clowns on the beach I thought for sure something was broke until I saw a gathering of them at the local food lion...sigh just when you think it doesn't get any worse

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
183 Posts
That was my first thought ... All I could do was put my fingers in my eyes and sigh with disappointment

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
They are thick around here.they call it Tennessee tilt here.it makes me sick.

·
Premium Member
10,431 Posts
Wow, hard to believe that someone would do that to their truck, some one should report this truck abuse to the authorities. LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad the good ole California lean has been replaced with these dummies. It's not nearly that exaggerated when people here do it.. Usually the rear is stock and front just enough to be leaning back. Couple inches tops.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have heard it improves fuel mileage while towing heavy loads.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
I like some squat but I have definitely seen people take it over board just like those pictures the op posted

·
Registered
227 Posts
Really? I'm lost for words

·
Registered
570 Posts
kill it. kill it with fire!!

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's usually young guys who just crank up the front to get big tires to fit, there everywhere around here, it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's usually young guys who just crank up the front to get big tires to fit, there everywhere around here, it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Man the garbage i saw in North Carolina around Wilmington/Jacksonville area wasn't cranked up it was some ass clown with a 6 inch front lift and 4 inch lowering blocks in the rear.. Like I said a gathering of them. I have two young boys that if I ever catch them defile a truck that way I'll probably whip their butt

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
jesus i agree might be the dumbest thing i have ever seen

·
Registered
183 Posts
Guess I shouldn't be so judgmental if that's your thing... Guess it's like growing up in then80's.. Someday they will look back and say man what was wrong with me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts