Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy the cat delete pipe. i have a magnaflow exhaust single pipe 5", but the cat is still installed. i dont know exactly what model it is. hope u can help.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
you will probably have to buy a front pipe to delete it, i know mbrp has one im not positive that magnaflow has one or you could just cut it out and buy some pipe and reducers if you need them

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for help. ill check if there is a flange. will this work without removing egr?? just for know at least. im going to get ppe controller later (i think it can remove the false egr code). i see that they sell a block off plate. is there a way to completely remove the egr system?? thanks again for the help. later

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
There was a kit that PPE made to remove the entire system, but not too long ago they had to take it off the market because of the EPA. Right now unless you want to fabricate your own kit the block off plate is the only option. And yes you can do the cat delete without blocking the egr, but i would suggest going ahead and blocking it just to keep the soot out of the engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
im looking to buy the cat delete pipe. i have a magnaflow exhaust single pipe 5", but the cat is still installed. i dont know exactly what model it is. hope u can help.

Hows It Going We are going to be making one for a 5" Pipe. It will be approx 34" Long and will be 5"OD and 5"ID Look for that in about 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let me know when it comes out. im still looking 4 one. thanx

·
Registered
69 Posts
magnaflow 5" delete pipe

Magnaflow now has a 5" universal extenton pipe part number 16406. Please let me know if you have any questions i would be happy to answer any questions. Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts