Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't come up with anything. Is there a DIY on installing the cat delete pipe on the LMM? The one pictured here:

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Unbolt cat from rest of exhaust, unscrew any sensors from said pipe, disconnect the up-pipe from the down-pipe through the passenger side wheel well

Remove OEM parts, place new front pipe in and loosely secure to factory downpipe with original v-band clamp, attach Cat delete pipe to new front pipe and the rest of the original exhaust and tighten down flange, after the rest is snugged up, tighten the v-band clamp on the down-pipe. reinstall wheel well liner and re-install sensors in the delete pipe.

BTW- that looks like a cat delete on the left (referred to as front-pipe) and the DPF delete on the right.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've already got the DPF pipe installed. Is it easy enough to do with the truck on the ground? Or do I need it on a lift? I know lift would be easier but wanted to do it in my driveway if possible.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I got my whole system in on the ground with just alittle thinking and some application of pressure with my floor jack on the muffler pipe/bent crazy straw piece over the rear axle. The front pipe should drop out pretty easy, If i remember right I dropped it down and had to turn it then slide it out the front. Only took about 10 minutes to do.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i get this pipe installed without dropping the DPF delete pipe and rear exhaust out?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
should be able to, I started at the front and moved back, If the bolts come out of the flange just fine there is usually enough give in the system to make things come down

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool. I should've just done it when i was doing the dpf delete on the lift. I'm an idiot. lol

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I did all mine laying on driveway on the ground take passenger side wheel liner out undo band clamp remove bolts I cut mine to make it easy to get out but delete pipe went right in if you really want to be happy do the downpipe while your at it

Sent from my DROIDX

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,432 Posts
Hey those pipes look familiar! MBRP Cat delete pipe and the AFE DPF delete pipe. On my 2007.5 I had to remove the stock cat out thru the rear, DPF had to be off first to get it out. Also on my AFE DPF delete pipe the sensors wouldn't fit into the holes, had to drill them out larger. Found this out after it was already bolted up!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts