Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam brand new to the duramax mods and this forum, came from a Cummins. Ive been driving company duramaxes now for the past 4yrs and i finally got laid off from work and i bought myself one, I have a 09 dmax now LMM and have the muffler delete so far. what i wanna know is if i delete the Cat can i leave the DPF? I know everyones gonna tell me to delete it but im not in the market for a tunner right now. But i know if the cat was gone it would breathe alot better.
Doing this will it throw any codes?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Deleting the cat alone will net you basically zero gain, they aren't as restrictive as you'd think. A cat/dpf delete and tunes can be set up relatively cheap. Personally I would say rip that dpf off asap cause of the stupid style of over fueling they use to burn off particulates.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
what the he// does that mean?
Ask for smoke you will see.

As for your first question just leave the cat until you delete the truck you will not gain anything with DPF still in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my smoke days are over. A Cummin's is the tool for that job. I want better fuel mileage the truck does what its suppose to do other then me having to pay to fill up way to much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.