Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find what the cylinder shaped thing is before the muffler on my 04 lb7. Some say its a cat some say its a dpf. What is it?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Definately not DPF....that didnt come till 2007.5.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
No o2's on the diesel. Not sure what the bump is, I didnt think the LB7's even had a converter on them...someone else help me out here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No o2's on the diesel. Not sure what the bump is, I didnt think the LB7's even had a converter on them...someone else help me out here.
I think I remember hearing something about california trucks having them but my truck was first sold out of georgia

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
255 Posts
Either its a California lb7 truck, or an 04.5 lly and you just don't know it yet..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pop hood, look on inside of passenger cylinder head, about a foot long and looks like a sideways coke can.
Yup, It has egr. Does the egr hurt efficiency of the truck any? I know the cat does.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Either its a California lb7 truck, or an 04.5 lly and you just don't know it yet..
this may also be a possibility. let me go check the build date.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
date on the driver door is 06/03. That wouldn't be an LLY would it?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any more help?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
easiest way is to check the 8th digit of the VIN. if it's 1, then you have an LB7, if it's 2 then you have an LLY :)

LLY's all have a cat and EGR.

-Jesse

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
easiest way is to check the 8th digit of the VIN. if it's 1, then you have an LB7, if it's 2 then you have an LLY :)

LLY's all have a cat and EGR.

-Jesse
Just checked the vin and its an lb7. Does the egr and cat hurt the performance of the truck? I guess what I am trying to ask is it worth it to take off these parts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.