Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a cat worth if I took it to a scrap yard? Its not doing me any good laying in the shop and i'm sure these guys stealing them off trucks have some motive.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yes its deffentlly worth somethin...i race off road demo derby up here in michigan..and when ever i build a car i cut the cat off..just run open exahust...well 2 summers ago i got rid of 8 of them and got a check for 1500 bucks..so yeah gm W bodies are worth right now like 100 bucks up here..so a truck is deffentlly gunna be worth more...more platnum in it..but yeah gotta find someone around u dealing in them

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Cat's on the Diesel Trucks are not worth the same as the Gas Cars and Trucks. I know that the California guys need Cats, now that they are smog testing. Do Not Scrap it. Post it in the used parts section. I am sure a fellow member will be needing it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Cat's on the Diesel Trucks are not worth the same as the Gas Cars and Trucks. I know that the California guys need Cats, now that they are smog testing. Do Not Scrap it. Post it in the used parts section. I am sure a fellow member will be needing it.
if you do decide to scrap it call around and get some prices from recycling yards. prices vary according to gas or diesel, oem or aftermarket, car or truck and Manufaturer all change the price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look through the cat, that honey comb you see is better than gold. We get $50-$70+ per cat. Probably pinch out a little more via classifieds if it's in good shape.

·
Registered
181 Posts
if you do decide to scrap it call around and get some prices from recycling yards. prices vary according to gas or diesel, oem or aftermarket, car or truck and Manufaturer all change the price.
Absolutely call around. Tell them weight and what it came off of. You'll get a higher price in person for any scrap. The honey comb inside is platnum and that's about as much as the scrap yard cares about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes its deffentlly worth somethin...i race off road demo derby up here in michigan..and when ever i build a car i cut the cat off..just run open exahust...well 2 summers ago i got rid of 8 of them and got a check for 1500 bucks..so yeah gm W bodies are worth right now like 100 bucks up here..so a truck is deffentlly gunna be worth more...more platnum in it..but yeah gotta find someone around u dealing in them
It's definitely not the Platinum that they're after just to fill you guys in Platinum is the cheapest metal in the thing.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's definitely not the Platinum that they're after just to fill you guys in Platinum is the cheapest metal in the thing.....
But palladium and rhodium on the other hand is what they're after don't get it twisted Platinum is the old school thing people used to go after rhodium is $20,000 an ounce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts