Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im still undecided on what im gonna do first for performance, but i got a question about exhause. i know that turbo back is obviously gonna be better than catback, but what are the big differences between the two and would it be worth the price of the turboback since im not really goin for performance?

·
Registered
855 Posts
In my opinion, the biggest difference between the two is sound. Although with the turbo back assuming your thinking about a 4in. system it would have roughly 2 feet more of 4in. pipe than a cat-back system would. I don't know how much more flow that equates to but it may be marginal? Anybody else got ideas?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Personally...I wasn't going for performance..and I got a Cat-Back. Just seems like buying an EGR blocker plate, and Installing a "fingers" stick, waiting for the codes to clear, and depending on what state your in "It being illegal" wasn't really worth the little extra HP for me. Plus I could see striaght through my Cat so it makes me wonder how much more air really goes through. NOTE: This is my personal opinion based on my needs for a truck!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it's all up to you and you can always do the down pipe later after you installed the cat back system..
Personally...I wasn't going for performance..and I got a Cat-Back. Just seems like buying an EGR blocker plate, and Installing a "fingers" stick, waiting for the codes to clear, and depending on what state your in "It being illegal" wasn't really worth the little extra HP for me. Plus I could see striaght through my Cat so it makes me wonder how much more air really goes through. NOTE: This is my personal opinion based on my needs for a truck!
you can see thru the cat when it is new and slightly used but once you get 30k to 40k miles and on up from there you won't see thru the cat any more..

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess it will just depend on what i can find for the price when i get a little closer to gettin one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts