Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im gonna put a cb in my truck what would be the best cb antenna

·
Registered
125 Posts
Any Wilson is a good antenna. Firesticks are ok if you want to talk a mile or 2.
You looking a magnetics or a permanent mounted one? Where do you plan on putting it? Bed rail, roof, hood, ladder rack, etc
I have a Predator 10k mounted to my ladder rack. It's aluminum coil antenna.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what i want gonna probally mount behind back windon on bedrail probally just want a good antenna dont really want a huge one or really really tall not sure what is the best i just want something good

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you run a firestick get a aleast a 4 footer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the dual antenna help with quality

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k thanks does your truck have center console in side trying to deside also where to mount my cb thinking bout cutting out storage hole between cig/aux power sockets n ot sure tho

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats exactly where i was talking bout that is where im gonna put mine thanks for the pics

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
k man what length are yours

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
im not sure..im going to have to let u know tomorrow i forgot what they are maybe 36? or 48? ill letu know tomorrow lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you going to run Firesticks, go to their web site and read "things every cb'er should know". They talk about antenna set up, placement, etc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
il go there now thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a 4' firestik and it's ok.Ofcourse I am here in Los Angeles but when I get outta town it still doesn't work all that great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
dual antennas will not help you at all, you need one antenna and thats all. Get a Wilson because they are the best. make sure it has an adjustable tip on the end so you can tune your SWR. ask around if you know any truck drivers and someone will have an SWR meter, then you can tune that antenna in and your cb will TALK. i have a 4 ft Wilson and i love it. they also make a good magnetic called a lil wil. its pretty stinkin good too, just in your preference i guess! if you need any help feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why would anyone want to put a cb in their truck, get real and get a Ham license. Then you can talk around the world..

Jim

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
not sure what i want gonna probally mount behind back windon on bedrail probally just want a good antenna dont really want a huge one or really really tall not sure what is the best i just want something good
bigger is always better, but given that location, I'd go with a top loaded antenna of 5'. There are little triangle mounts that fit in the bed corner that you might want to check out.

P.S. Firestick is good. I run a Skipshooter top-loaded 5'.... still need to put it on the dmax.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts