Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting a CB in my truck. I think it might come in handy during the travel to Alaska and while I'm there in the remote areas. Any of you guys know much about them. I've had a few but they all sucked. I'm not wanting to spend alot but want to be able to reah a few miles.

Thanks Much

·
Registered
994 Posts
I would go with a Galaxy or Connex. They are top notch for the price. A Cobra isn't too bad if you don't buy just a cheapo.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
what ones did you have? i have a galaxy 73v older radio but talks great. cobra 29 is a decent radio. you have to get a decent antenna and coax cable too, and get the radio tuned for it to work best.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a magnum s3, with a wilson 1000 antenna and it works great for me. U just got to have a cb shop tune whatever u get. I hear 10 miles or so in one direction or the other on the interstate no problem. It probably reachs further but I haven't tested it much.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yea he isn't lying.. Galaxy is a sweet radio. I have a Cobra 29LT Classic. Works great. I could probably wire my antenna for better reception but been great radio. It helps to have an SWR meter and adjustment on your radio. Cobra is a great radio for the price and easy to get.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get it tuned??

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Heres my setup in the LTZ on the LMM

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
a cb shop, most big truck stops have one in them that will turn up the receive and adjust the modulation and power on them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
here is mine in my lly

·
Registered
537 Posts
I run a Galaxy DX66V..i love it..alot of our guys run connex also.you can go to just about any truck stop and hear a guy trying to sell a cobra 29 with a connex board in it for less then 150bucks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts