Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering which you guys think is better, a Crew Cab Long Box or a Crew Cab Short Box.

I want to put a tool box with stacks through it in the box when i get a truck, but i was wondering if you guys think the long box is too long? I want the extra storage and the bigger gas tank... but i was wondering what guys think would be better, long or short.

pictures would help, and be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
its mostly comes down to personal preferance and what you needs are..

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you live out in nowhere land and dont have to worry about parking get a long box. I wanted a cclb but got a ccsb do to that reason. My truck is tough enough to park as it is in a crowed parking lot. (turning radius of the truck sucks also) Cant imagine trying to park a cc with a long box.

BTW, did you notice I blame the truck and not my ability to park it? LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that ultimatly it does, but I was wondering what other people think. And if I could get pics of some crew cab trucks with toolboxes and stacks, and go from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you live out in nowhere land and dont have to worry about parking get a long box. I wanted a cclb but got a ccsb do to that reason. My truck is tough enough to park as it is in a crowed parking lot. (turning radius of the truck sucks also) Cant imagine trying to park a cc with a long box.

BTW, did you notice I blame the truck and not my ability to park it? LOL
Haha, nice, most people with big trucks cant park for crap! lol

And thanks for the reply, thats one for the short box

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
because long box is just to big to park in parking spots, and it bounces way to much in rain or anything

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I say short-box as well, unless you are needing to haul a 4wheeler with all the add-on's you want in the bed:drink

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
i have the long bed cc. helps keep the wife from wanting to drive it and I dont mind taking up 2 spots to park or having to park sideways. Keeps the door dings off it

·
Registered
145 Posts
long box all the way better for hauling your toys I have cclb and I can park anywhere I give the ******* look and people fricking move =)

·
Registered
163 Posts
i vote longbed caus i always find myself needing more space in my bed.. my next duramax will be a cclb.. just park far away and double park

·
Registered
58 Posts
Longbox!!! Just looks right

·
Registered
145 Posts
look not to bash the short box but guys get them because they look cool , c'mon thats the only real good reason=)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts