Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just owned this 05 silverado 2500 for a few weeks. I thaught that there was a noise coming from the motor when I accelerated hard but after taking the family on a three day vacation and everybody wanting to hear thier cd's on the stereo (factory unit Bose 6 cd system) I discovered it was coming from the cd player. First it happened on cd space 4 then we thaught it was the cd itself so we tried it in another slot and the noise was there too. Now it is making noise in all cd slots, a chirping noise like the cd is dragging on something as it spins. A "chip chirp chirp" at a high pitch. But it only happens on acceleration, almost like something comes down and drags on the disk. I've heard that these units are pricey and I like the way the factory unit looks and operates. Has anybody had this happen to them?:rockin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Try driving around and shut off your air conditioning/climate control....turn the fan off too. I bet it is the belt slipping. It is worth a try. (mine does this) I bought a factory 6 disc changer off of e-bay for about $200. You will still have to get the dealer to program it if it is your cd player. It doesn't matter which one you buy on e-bay (bose or regular) because all radios are the same, just need to have the internal amp shut off for the bose....it is all programming. Hope this helps.....and by the way, Welcome to the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts