Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cel came on. Went to autozone and their scanner said egr problems (cant recall exact message). I recall my lb7 had no bs egr stuff. What do I do from here? What is the best method of ridding my baby from emission bs. I have seen pics of what egr does. Absolutely horrible. This week I am cutting off the cat and muffler. When I get my tax return, efi live and 5" straight pipe. The only reason im straight piping now is because its free and I cant stand the truck being so quiet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Cail emission LB7s have an EGR, & CAT.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
My cel came on. Went to autozone and their scanner said egr problems (cant recall exact message). I recall my lb7 had no bs egr stuff. What do I do from here? What is the best method of ridding my baby from emission bs. I have seen pics of what egr does. Absolutely horrible. This week I am cutting off the cat and muffler. When I get my tax return, efi live and 5" straight pipe. The only reason im straight piping now is because its free and I cant stand the truck being so quiet.

Get the code. There are several egr related codes...so yea.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gonna need the code and fill out your sig so we know what we're dealing with...

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My phone wont let me change my sig. I have a 2006 sierra ccsb 4x4 lly/lbz without any mods. Codes are:p0128 &p0403. I dont know why im getting p0128 coolant temp is where its supposed to be. Its been in the 30's last week. 0403 is egr issue. I saw sinister makes a delete kit for$146. Couldnt I take off the pipe and weld it shut? Or is the kit worth it? I wont do it until I get efi live so I can clear the egr delete. Or can I delete it now and not have any problems aside from the cel? Thank you guys.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
$10 block plate....presto, done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts