Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has likely been asked and answered in different threads already but I could not ind my problem specifically...but here is my situation. Had an MBRP 4 inch turbo back exhaust installed today, and I installed my Edge Race Evolution CTS. (I have an 08 LMM). My CEL is on, and the CTS tells me its high volotage readings (from the factory sensors I can only assume) that are no longer in the exhaust, as I did a DPF delete with the MBRP. So no CAT no DPF. The Edge tuner has not prompted me to tell it to "delete the PDF" in the programmer, and the guys at Edge told me it would yesterday before I installed the unit. Should it prompt me for this, or am i messing something up by not using the CTS correctly? I only have it programmed for "stock" mode right now, and have not yet selected a race level tune. I also installed an expandable EGT sensor set up form Edge as well, and the unit has not recognized the sensor yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Once you select a race level it will ask you if you removed the dpf. I run mine all the time on level 3 unless I'm towing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up and the quick reply! Im sure it was a newbee type question, but thats what I am with this tuner and all...Thanks again. What exactly is an EGR blocker plate and what does it do? Should i also do this, is it necessary, prevent future problems, etc? Lastly, I noticed I have two flexible lines under the bed of my truck that were connected to the factory exhausts metal tubes/pipes that appear to be connected to some sort of module with a wire harness going to it. do i need to do anythign with that por just tie up the hoses with zip ties to the truck frame and not worry about it?

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
If this is what I`m reading the small metal tube was connected to the dpf that in my opinion should have been removed with the dpf as well as the sensors.
If the sensors with the wire are still hanging underneath then unplug and remove them.
Also you should cover the plug that is on the underside of the bed, I think there was 5.
Its been a few years so that number might be wrong. Here is a pic of protecting the plugs underneath.
I used 1" heat shrink sealed on end with heat on a vise, then heated the other end to seal over the plug.
There should be nothing related to the dpf under the truck after the delete.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DRC. The metal tubes are removed entirely along with the entire factory exhaust, are still connected to the exhaust and are in the atttic along with the cat and dpf along with the entire factory exhaust system. There were two separate metal tubes that were fitted to the factory exhaust that went to the "module" (my term) I was referencing. I have pictures of both the module with the flexible lines coming off of it, and the metal tubes that are attached to the factory exhaust - I think the metal tubes were pre, and post dpf in terms of their location. I left the factory exhaust sensors plugged into the wiring harnesses and just zip tied them underneath, but you said I need to unplug them and protect the wiring harness which I will do tonight. I guess my ultimate questions is the module (right picture) that had flexible hoses attached to the exhaust metal tubes, what should I do with those? Plug them, do nothing, etc? This module has a wiring harness connected to it still. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
On your bottom picture I removed that piece as well, it's been 3 years but if I remember the bolt is a little hard to get to, but I suggest to remove that piece. For the same reason i explained below.
You really don't have to remove the sensors, but I suggest that you do.
Reason: They won't get damaged in the garage or attic, like they could underneath your truck.
Everything I have for the complete dpf system is covered and in my storage shed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So how you liking the new set-up? I'm about to have the same thing install here soon. I cant wait.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Just put a bag over the ends of the soft lines and zip tie them shut and to the frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it a lot so far. I have run the truck in levels 1, and 2 so far and there is a big difference. Will run it on level 3 this week to see how it goes. If you plan to do a DPF delete, get the EDGE Race Evolution (CTS, or CS). The juice w/ attitude wont do a dpf delete, but you may already have read that here on this forum as its well noted here. When you get the Race EVO CTS, be sure to order your EGT/pyrometer because the unit does not come with on elike the attitude set up does.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oh ya DPF is going bye-bye, I ordered the Race one and its in the garage along with the MBRP 5" and egr blocker plate. I'm just waiting on the down pipe to get here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will be happy with the CTS and the MBRP. Be sure to check out the forum here for how to do the EGR, there are some good write-ups about it. Also, I hear they are a PITA, but doable. Mine is on order and will be put in this weekend for sure with some blood sweat, and bad words in between beers.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
You will be happy with the CTS and the MBRP. Be sure to check out the forum here for how to do the EGR, there are some good write-ups about it. Also, I hear they are a PITA, but doable. Mine is on order and will be put in this weekend for sure with some blood sweat, and bad words in between beers.
It might be in your best interest if you save the beers for when you finish the job :drink

1 - 13 of 13 Posts