Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Center Console Key Help/ Power Door Lock Issue

Does any one know the least expensive way to get a key made for a center console for my 01 LB7? The dealer wanted almost $80 for a key!!

I'm sure that the lock smith isn't much cheaper. It's key lock cylinder # 035.

I'm also having problems with my power door locks, They work on/off.
The windows and power seats are fine. I checked all fuses, connections and relay's.
All that happens is The relay clicks, sometimes I can move the inside fuse panel around and it works, sometimes it doesn't? Could it be a bad ground somewhere?

Any Idea's?

·
Registered
188 Posts
did u try a local hardware store..as long as the key dosent have a chip in it i dont think it should cost u much more than 10 bucks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if someone on here had the same lock Cylinder number! I know that GM does make duplicates lock Cylinders every couple hundred vehicles. Especially for center consoles.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Yeah I would like to know also I would like to lock my N2o up so no one can open the center counsel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In FL , your Firearm has to be locked up, out of reach while driving, plus I just would like to have my registration and other documents locked up also. I just hate to throw the $$$ away @ the Dealership!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Can you take the top of the console off? OR take the lock itself out of the console? If so, do that and take it to a local locksmith. They can usually make a key on site within a few minutes. Cost about 10 or 15 bucks depending on the shop. If you can't take it off, then drive the truck to the locksmith. They may be able to do it while inside the truck. It may take a little longer and they may charge a few bucks more, but I am quite certain that would be your best option.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Drive truck and all to the locksmith. Some will come outside to do the work. I believe there are only like 2 bolts holding the entire center console down. Someone posted a thread where they were taking theirs out to redesign the console area and it was REALLY simple. I want to say all they had to do was move the front seats all the way up and from the back, the 2 bolts were easily accessible. Then the console slid back and right out. I may be wrong, but that's kinda how I remember they said.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Just clean out your center counsel and there are 4 bolts that hold it down to the floor board and then there are like 6 or 8 screws around the top inside the center counsel you will have to take out and then the center part with the lid will come out. I hid my N2o bottle in there and had to cut mine up a little. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1999-2002 GM Console Keys

In 2002 I purchased a quanity of new GM consoles removed from 1999-2002 Suburbans, Yukons, Tahoe and Trucks that were customized. There were several hundred key codes available. I have master keys for about 125 of the possible codes and console blanks to cut them. I also have new "take-off" lid assemblies that come with the hinge, lock and key...as well as other main console and front consles and parts.

Most lock shops do not carry the correct blanks and even professional lock shops find cutting a key a challenge. The locks do NOT remove...but are part of the sealed box assembly.

I sell the box/lid assembly with key for $100 plus $15 postage. IF I have your code a cut key is $20...much better than the $80 some quote.

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
This happend with a tool box i bought paid 25 bucks for it took it took a look smithand they made me a new key in about 10 mins for 10 bucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 2002 I purchased a quanity of new GM consoles removed from 1999-2002 Suburbans, Yukons, Tahoe and Trucks that were customized. There were several hundred key codes available. I have master keys for about 125 of the possible codes and console blanks to cut them. I also have new "take-off" lid assemblies that come with the hinge, lock and key...as well as other main console and front consles and parts.

Most lock shops do not carry the correct blanks and even professional lock shops find cutting a key a challenge. The locks do NOT remove...but are part of the sealed box assembly.

I sell the box/lid assembly with key for $100 plus $15 postage. IF I have your code a cut key is $20...much better than the $80 some quote.
No, this code series runs from 001-175 the correct after market blank is jet con1. Most any locksmith can cut this from the code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was able to find the key blank at Ace Hardware. It is the same blank as a mailbox key. #. CO106.

My vehicle is a 2001 Silverado

·
Premium Member
10,223 Posts
Sub'd

1 - 20 of 28 Posts