Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I changed the front diff fluid and now the transmission is running about 15 deg cooler, how is this possible? I put oem fluid back in and it wasn't low before. Did have a bunch of gunk stuck to the drain plug though.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
less rolling resistance from fresh clean fluid?? hell idk thats just a crazy shot in the dark... :D

did you drain and fill the trans and put a new spin on on the trans also??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok I changed the front diff fluid and now the transmission is running about 15 deg cooler, how is this possible? I put oem fluid back in and it wasn't low before. Did have a bunch of gunk stuck to the drain plug though.
Perception is everything. It wouldn't affect the transmission temperature unless the fluid was SOOO bad that it caused extra resistance for the front axles to spin but if the fluid was that bad you would have known it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perception is everything. It wouldn't affect the transmission temperature unless the fluid was SOOO bad that it caused extra resistance for the front axles to spin but if the fluid was that bad you would have known it.
Yea normally I would agree but I have 2 temp gauges and no way they are both lying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts