Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The controls on the bottom of the steering wheel for the odometer and what not needs the light bulbs changed as they do not light up at night. Whats the best/easiest way to change them? Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The buttons are good, it's just the light behind the buttons. Does the whole button assembly just pop out?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went to the salvage yard and snagged some from a wheel with the air bag deployed. I got several in case some of those lights were out. If you are carefull and pay attention, you can work the base out of the housing. with a small solder iron I changed out several bulbs. tedious, but can be done.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
so you don't need to pull the steering wheel to take them out if you are replacing the whole button?

·
Registered
35 Posts
how did you get the buttons out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
also how do you change the lights behind the radio contol switch?

·
Registered
60 Posts
how did you get the buttons out?
2 poccet screwdrivers. gently wiggled them out of the hole. then took tip of screwdriver to release clip on the wire connector. not much wire to work with but it can be done. I also have a small "L" tipped pick I used to plug connector back into buttons. havent tried to replace any bulbs in the radio buttons yet.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
2 poccet screwdrivers. gently wiggled them out of the hole. then took tip of screwdriver to release clip on the wire connector. not much wire to work with but it can be done. I also have a small "L" tipped pick I used to plug connector back into buttons. havent tried to replace any bulbs in the radio buttons yet.
Yup thats what I did. I couldnt find the lights for the steering wheel controls so I got the entire buttons from the dealer :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just did mine,about 20 bucks each with my buddy giving me a wholesale discount. Not much wire to work with. Take your time! Now I just need to solder a new bulb into my HVAC controll

1 - 11 of 11 Posts