Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a CST 6-8" torsion drop lift in my truck about a year ago 25kmiles and I have had some noise in the front end ever since. I did the install and took it to a well known local 4x4 shop for a once over and allignment, they said it was normal. I drove it for a year and it seems to have gotten a little worse.

I recently took the truck to a different allignment shop and they said I was spot on, no changes needed. They noted around an 1/8" play in the uniball upper ball in the cst arms and the heim joints on the steering link had some slop. I called cst and they said the uniballs come with1/8" play so that is normal. I also noticed my shocks have a little slop when twisting back and forth/side to side (not sure if this is normal).

Is any of this enough to cause the truck to hop around on rough surface and make a clunking/rattle sound as the suspension would be rebounding? Maybe the shocks need to be adjusted? I will try to take a video of sound today.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sounds like the bushings in the shocks are worn. same thing happened to my jeep with rcx shocks.. they got worn out and every time I was on a rough road or even hit a bump, I'd hear them banging around.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! I was going to order those in hopes it would help but wasn't sure if it could cause that much noise. I guess I'll start those and maybe hemis & sway bar bushings since those look a little worn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts