Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad has on 06 LBZ. Its stock. It has loads of power but I would like to get a good air intake it and a exhaust. Looking for cheap but not so cheap that its junk. What do yall recommend? Looking for somthing to make the turbo whistle more and get a good (throaty) sound but I dont want it real loud. Just a happy medium sound.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would go with the 4" T/B Silverline exhaust w/t 5" tip and for the tuner i would recommend a ppe tuner or if you want the best for the buck go with the diablosport predator but the best of the best is the ppe,but thats only if you want to increase your fuel economy and add a few extra hp..i wouldn't worry about doing a CAI(cold air intake)for now,with the stock CAI that you have it is sufficient with a nice drop in filter from s&b or afe but stay away from K&N air filters for diesels..

·
Registered
121 Posts
could try 4" or 5" MBRP T/B exhuast.
AFE CAI.
PPE, Diablo, or EFI Live.

·
Registered
68 Posts
K&n???

I was told the K&N air filters aren't good for a diesel. is this true or was the person telling me jus blowin smoke from his rear??? :fart

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have seen some pretty bad stuff from teh knn i would go with afe

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
TyreBoyz has it.

Leave the intake alone, except maybe an Amsoil Drop in replacement.

MBRP 4" turbo back will give a nice improvement, and not be loud in the cab at all. If you prefer not to worry about the possibility of setting an EGR code (easily cleared with a tuner like the PPE or Diablo) then save some cash and do Cat back. ALso, make sure there aren't any regulations locally as far as emissions inspections before pulling the cat.

Both PPE and Diablosport are great tuners. The PPE is a bit spendy. For the price, I think bang for buck goes to Diablosport. The edge evolution or Edge Juice is pretty nice too, cause it has the attitude monitor giving you power and gauges all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts