Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a boost and pyrometer egg gauge but am working with a college student budget. Any advice on the cheapest gauge setups? Is the bullydog watchdog a good option?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Looking to get a boost and pyrometer egg gauge but am working with a college student budget. Any advice on the cheapest gauge setups? Is the bullydog watchdog a good option?

Just go with autometer and be done with it. There are one of the most cheapest, reliable and nicest gauges out there. Will be cheaper then watchdog with probe.
Also watch the classifieds. You see them pop up here and there.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
is your duramax's health really worth saving an extra 50-100 bucks? Sorry, but i've never understood people skimping on this sort of thing. Not saying go out and buy an edge insight cts or anything, but go with a decent quality set of autometers.

Contact some of the vendors, post up in the vendor section for some prices, I know that a few of them will put together a package deal for you if you buy some gauges and a mounting solution at the same time. I personally got my setup through Alligator.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
Looking to get a boost and pyrometer egt gauge but am working with a college student budget. Any advice on the cheapest gauge setups? Is the bullydog watchdog a good option?
if you want just a boost and pyro a simple dual gauge package would be perfect for you. but if you wanna go with a digital set up id go with something along the lines of a EDGE insight IMHO.

i have a set of Autometer GS boost and pyro along with a CS insight in my truck and i freakin love it. theres nothing i cant monitor that i can possibly want to:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is your duramax's health really worth saving an extra 50-100 bucks? Sorry, but i've never understood people skimping on this sort of thing. Not saying go out and buy an edge insight cts or anything, but go with a decent quality set of autometers.

Contact some of the vendors, post up in the vendor section for some prices, I know that a few of them will put together a package deal for you if you buy some gauges and a mounting solution at the same time. I personally got my setup through Alligator.
Id rather get a cheap gauge that will work and serve its purpose than spend an extra 50 - 100 $ on a gauge with a cool looking color scheme or led lighting. Im just looking for something to fit my budget, thanks everyone for the advice

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id like to be right at 200 or less

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Id rather get a cheap gauge that will work and serve its purpose than spend an extra 50 - 100 $ on a gauge with a cool looking color scheme or led lighting. Im just looking for something to fit my budget, thanks everyone for the advice
Sorry, 2hrs of sleep is kicking my ass. There's just a difference between simple and effective and cheap.

Anywho, just call Holton @ alligator man, he'll get you all hooked up:thumb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, 2hrs of sleep is kicking my ass. There's just a difference between simple and effective and cheap.

Anywho, just call Holton @ alligator man, he'll get you all hooked up:thumb
Not a problem, I ll have to look into that. I may check out the classifieds and see what I can come up with

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Id like to be right at 200 or less
I am afraid you are going to be closer to 300. I bought my set up for $280. I went with autometers and a pod. Quadzilla makes a scout that will read EGTs and Boost. Check out their web site. IIRC is is about 250.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Isspro makes accurate, reliable gauges that are very reasonable. No fancy colors, just quality......

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
try glowshift there a good gauge for the money so what if you dont get autometers I know what its like to be on a tight budget which is why I did glowshift got 2 gauges and a pod an installed for just under 300. check them out they are not a bad set up and it will do till you can afford nicer ones. plus they have a one year warrenty it goes bad they send you a new one

·
Registered
662 Posts
glowshift is definitely the cheapest option, they are kinda cool lookin with all the different background lighting colors, but they are kinda chinsy. They would probably get the job done but i personally would just get an autometer setup, very reasonable price and very reliable. I wouldnt want to have to keep changing out gauges if i bought cheap ones and werent happy with them or they kept breaking even if they were covered by a warranty, just my hunmble opinion

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i appreciate all of the opinions guys, im going to look into glowshift and autometer

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
I have a edge for sale with mount for overhead cubby 250.00 shipped. Its the old style evo race 25000 works great for just gauges sence you already have EFI.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I have a glowshift boost, trans, and egt I'd like to sell. the boost gauge is a little messed up on the face but it should work great. PM if you want a price.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Got a glow shift trans temp gauge. 15 shipped!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I would rather run no gauge then a glow shift. There is a reason they are so cheap. For 200 you can get autometers. Just be patient.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts