Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 LBZ 30,000 miles, mbrp full exhaust is the only thang ive done. When i tow 6000 lbs or more for more than 200 miles i get an EGR code. I know its becouse the exhaust. But what i wont to know is there any fix besize soider in the finger and adding a EGR block off plate.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
or you can get a predator or efi live and disable the egr. (I believe predator V2.02 can disable EGR)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks for the advice. I have thought about welding the cat into 4in pipe but dont realy wont to. Turnin off the EGR is what i had rather do. Edge juiced with attitude is the programer i wont to install does anyone know if edge allows u to turn off the EGR.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
You don't have to take my advice...but a EGR blocker and a "Fingers" stick is 50.00. If you don't go that route....all the research I've done says don't get an Edge. Everybody I've talked to has said they break easily and mess alot of things up. I contacted PPE and they seem to have a really good programmer....so that's what I'm going for...but that's just my opinion.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the edge doesn't turn the egr off but you can read and clear codes but i wouldn't recommend the edge tuner because lately i've heard alot of unsatisfied customers...
i would recommend the Diablo but the best hand held tuner is the PPE or if you want the ultimate get EFI Live..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts