Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Easy there @Mattswaggs ,
While I agree with your thoughts on K&N filters, let's not go down the keyboard cowboy path.

We're crossing topics here. First topic is the OPs warning message. The new trucks have an air filter sensor that is extremely sensitive to air flow. It will activate if you put on a higher flowing filter. There is a way to disable it.

The second topic is k&n filters, thoughts run hot and heavy on this. I personally will never use one. I'm sure there's some people that have used them and say they're fine.

@rittlemethat16 , if you want the message gone "now" put your old filter back in. That is of course pending the ability to manually turn off the monitor. Someone posted it on here at some point.

As far as dirty air getting into your engine, do your homework on k&n filters and make up your own mind.

Reactions: flyinhawaiian968

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Pulled the K&N and replaced with a Wix, but cannot get the message to go away. Will the truck recognize a lower air flow over the course of some driving time and reset the code itself? The K&N didn't trip the code until almost 2k miles after install.
I'm not sure to be honest. I don't have personal experience with the system, only what I read on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts