Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There was a setting you needed to change before installing it. It's come up many times on the new trucks.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Here's a starter.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That k&n probably let in so much dirt that it dirtied up some of the sensors in the intake. That happened to me once, bought a 2018 Cummins with a k&n, it was the whole intake not just the filter, so I couldn’t just swap in a paper filter. So before I could change it out, a CEL came on about a sensor in intake. I had to clean a bunch of sensors and wipe out intake pipes.

K&N is garbage. Go with stock, more than adequate. Or go with purolator one, it tested best for filtering and static pressure. Meaning it flows the best while actually filtering.
LoL, it's a setting they added to the newer trucks. He might have to go to the dealer to have them reset it and change the setting.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Edgy. Op you'll be fine, just get it reset, setting changed, and enjoy your truck.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks but hindsight is 20/20. Now that I am receiving the notification I need to know how to reset it. That info is good but only helps if you haven't received the 'circle of death' yet.

1 local mechanic and 3 dealerships have already told me they cannot help, and 1 dealership told me my warranty is now void be I dropped in a replacement filter. This is insane.
As your finding out nearly all dealers are trash now.

Reactions: Mattswaggs

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Read through this, it's the instructions from S&B on their intake install. Notice the first warning at the top of the page. Rest of instructions are further down on how to disable the air filter life monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts