Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks but hindsight is 20/20. Now that I am receiving the notification I need to know how to reset it. That info is good but only helps if you haven't received the 'circle of death' yet.

1 local mechanic and 3 dealerships have already told me they cannot help, and 1 dealership told me my warranty is now void be I dropped in a replacement filter. This is insane.
As your finding out nearly all dealers are trash now.

Reactions: Mattswaggs

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Read through this, it's the instructions from S&B on their intake install. Notice the first warning at the top of the page. Rest of instructions are further down on how to disable the air filter life monitor.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,328 Posts
I will add to this discussion about your dealership stating that your warranty is now void. Get that in writing by the service manager RIGHT NOW! Take that letter and send it to K&N IMMEDIATELY!

See what this says right here?
Font Parallel Signage Brand Logo

The use of a K&N air filter will NOT VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY! So, if your dealership believes they can void it, you can sue K&N directly for lots 'o money. They will, in-turn, sue your dealership for lots 'o money!

I get really irritated with overzealous service centers stating silly things like this. THEY have to prove that your vehicle was damaged by an aftermarket part, and if they can do that, then K&N is on the hook for all repairs after that, simply because they stated it in their documentation. Sadly, dealerships like to play god and hold shit like this over their customers to make them feel superior. While I won't say good or bad things about K&N filters, the facts here are that you have lots of rights as a consumer against this type of stupidity, and the quicker you put the dealership on notice, the sooner they'll know not to play stupid games with you. Of course, do this without being an ass about it, but let them know that if they aren't willing to put it in writing right now, then they need to stop making ignorant claims.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts