Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 3/4 ton Silverado. When the fuel level drops below around 3/4 tank my check engine light come on. When I fill the tank and drive a little bit, like home from the gas station, the next time I start my truck the light is off. It stays off until I get below 3/4 tank again. It isn't exactly 3/4 of a tank, sometimes it comes be around a half a tank. I changed the air filter, which was pretty dirty and I thought that fixed it. But no, the light just came on a little later. I'm sure it's some type of emissions problem (it seems like the check engine is usually an emissions problem). But what??

· Premium Member
252 Posts
When the check engine light is on connect a OBD2 Scanner and find out what code is being generated and post it up here. That will help us to determine what the problem could be.

· Registered
982 Posts
If you are throwing parts at it. It sounds like a gasser. Buy a new gas cap. possibly the seal is gone on the old one.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2015 3/4 ton Silverado. When the fuel level drops below around 3/4 tank my check engine light come on. When I fill the tank and drive a little bit, like home from the gas station, the next time I start my truck the light is off. It stays off until I get below 3/4 tank again. It isn't exactly 3/4 of a tank, sometimes it comes be around a half a tank. I changed the air filter, which was pretty dirty and I thought that fixed it. But no, the light just came on a little later. I'm sure it's some type of emissions problem (it seems like the check engine is usually an emissions problem). But what??
I hooked up the code reader and it shows P01F0 "Coolant temperature dropped below monitoring temperature".
Very confused why this would reset itself when I fill up the fuel tank.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the check engine light is on connect a OBD2 Scanner and find out what code is being generated and post it up here. That will help us to determine what the problem could be.
I hooked up the code reader and it shows P01F0 "Coolant temperature dropped below monitoring temperature".
Very confused why this would reset itself when I fill up the fuel tank. Maybe it's a coincidence, but that seems unlikely since it's done it at least a half dozen times.

· Registered
7,475 Posts
Next time you get the light, remove your fuel tank cap and see if the light clears without doing anything else. It COULD be the fuel cap, and that would be EASY and CHEAP to fix.

As for you code, see this: OB2 code P01F0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.