Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For two weeks my check engine light would turn on when I went up any grades, and then turn off a few minutes later. Now the check engine light has been on for the past week. Friday, I pulled a DTC P1093. After some research I thought it might be my fuel filter w/ 8000 miles on it; so I replaced it yesterday and cleared the code. The first hill I came to turned on the check enigine light again. Furthermore, my truck idles rougher after the filter change. Does any body have any experience with this code or ideas about what the problem is before I get raped by the dealer? Thanks.

Maybe it would be good to metion that I have a 02 Duramax w/ Allison Trans. - K&N Filter - Bully Dog Power Pup Downloader

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like you might have a bad injector or two, Dose it have any noticeable smoke at idle or even crusing?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The LB7 trucks have injector warranty extended to 200k, so I would think about calling the dealer. Believe me, you don't want to do them yourself!

P1093: Fuel pressure low during power enhancement

Check the oil and see if it smells like diesel. Sounds like an injector stuck open.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday I did just that Diesel Nut, I checked my oil level and it was high. It smelled very much like diesel, so I dropped it off at the dealer last night (due to the possible extended injector warranty). Also it started blowing oil (w/ a diesel smell) out of a tube in the front of the engine block on the passenger side. Don't want to sound stupid, but do you know if that is some kind of over-flow? Anyway,I will let you both know exactly what it is. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Yes, the tube is a crank case breather! Good luck with the repair!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up my truck yesterday from the dealership after only having to pay $80 for a manditory oil change due to the diesel/oil mix. The injectors were replaced under warranty (7yr/200,000mi.). Thanks again for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts