Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the way home from work today check engine light came on and it doesn't want to take a lot of gas pedal when i got on it to go up hill it started to buck a bit and really hesitate to get going. i haven't driven the truck much lately but i did get some fuel yesterday and go about 25 mi it was fine, today fine to work (30mi)and almost home until it started acting up. my truck is all stock, it seems to give me check engine lights alot in the warmer weather, to day was about 90+ and humid. any thoughts? i need to go get the code read, so i'll know for sure. last time it tripped the check light it was a baro pressure sensor, which i didn't replace yet, because it ran fine and the light went out byitself. thanks for any info,jim

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, you would need to have the code to have somewhere to start.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what do you by acting up?? like ticking sounds, slow throttle response, what??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check light

sorry,when i mean acting up, it seems to bog down when you give it any throttle over about 1/4 or 1/2 a peddle. i hear the turbo spool up but the truck doesn't respond just bogs down and will "buck" a bit. seems to be ok up to about 2k on the tach. hopefully tomorrow i can run the codes, on a guy at works scanner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts