Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Chevrolet Silverado LLY check engine light came on tonight for the first time ever. I have 146k miles and it seems to run fine. Now What should I do?

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
only way to know, is to pull the code. Do you have the ability to retrieve the code that caused the light to happen? Some parts stores will pull codes for free, some shops will or find a friend with the ability to. Could be a forum member close by to help you as well

once you get the code, report back, post it and we will get you all squared away, GL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am up here in Stanley, North Dakota if any one knows
Of a shop up here that knows Duramax diesels... I will ask
Around today. I must mention I was on a Really extremely bumpy
road when light came on.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
There are a 1,000 different codes-- Without the code it is only a guess.

Many buy their own code reader- less than $100 at many part stores & Wal-Mart. That way they can also clear codes.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
There are a 1,000 different codes-- Without the code it is only a guess.

Many buy their own code reader- less than $100 at many part stores & Wal-Mart. That way they can also clear codes.
x2, I bought a code reader for my sons car just to have it in there and it was $69 at local parts store. Might be worth the investment, since a shop will charge double that and it could be something really simple if the truck is running fine. If you purchase a code reader, get one that displays the code and clears it, I all ways suggest the middle of the road one, not the cheapest but not the most expensive one either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tonight I took it to a shop. The code that comes up is PO181
Fuel Temperature Sensor
A Circuit Range Performance
What does this mean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts