Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 5in straight pipe. Got about 150 miles or so on it with no problems at all until tonight. When I took the old stuff off I unplugged the sensors and zip tied them up outta the way, same with the fuel lines. Tonight I cranked it up and the light came on. Runs normal, no problems. Hooked up the PPE to read the codes and it says none found, cleared it anyways, no more light. Crank back up and the light comes right back on. Any ideas? Do I need to plug the sensors back in?

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing I noticed is the remote start will not work. It will turn over once real quick but wont crank. Is this due to the light being on, or is the light on due to the remote start not working??

·
Registered
755 Posts
this may be a stupid question.. but, does your PPE do a DPF delete? assuming you arent aware you have to have a programmer that " tunes " out the DPF on LMM and LML trucks... you can't just take it off without a DPF delete programmer or tune..

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says it deletes it. I have had the PPE on for a few weeks now with no other problems. When you first turn the key on the dash says "CLEAN EXHAUST FILTER SEE OWNERS MANUAL". Does that mean it's trying to regen and can't. Maybe the PPE didn't/doesn't turn that off?

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody have any suggestions.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,427 Posts
It says it deletes it. I have had the PPE on for a few weeks now with no other problems. When you first turn the key on the dash says "CLEAN EXHAUST FILTER SEE OWNERS MANUAL". Does that mean it's trying to regen and can't. Maybe the PPE didn't/doesn't turn that off?
If your getting the "CLEAN EXHAUST FILTER SEE OWNERS MANUAL" yes it is going to attempt a regen. I'm not familiar with the PPE, make sure you have the Race version that deletes the DPF. You might want to try setting the programer back to stock and reloading the race tune.

I recently put all the stock exhaust back on to smog my truck and got the same message. My Edge CTS Race was also set to stock at the time. The truck went into regen immediately. Had to drive it for 20 miles until it cleared the message and the check engine light went off. DPF and Regen = PITA!

PPE TUNERS

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. What's the risk of driving it with that message up other than the annoying chime.

Sounds like it time for EFI, now I can justify as a necessity lol.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,427 Posts
Honesty I wouldn't drive it until you find out what's wrong. I never had that problem when running the tuning with the Edge. As soon as I put the DPF back on and set the Edge back to stock the message came up. It went into Regen as soon as I drove it.

I would think your truck is doing the same. Your gas mileage is gonna suck.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
The remote start will NOT work if there is a check engine light on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same light come on over the summer. No an expert by any means, but my problem turned out to be a bad air filter. Just my .02 worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts