Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed DSP5 and tunes everything went smooth and everything works great! but when I crank up the switch i get a check engine light..Turbocharge Boost Control..has anyone else had this happen? And how do i correct it? :cookoo[1]::help

Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
who did you get your tunes from? Whats the code? Also fill out your sig so that we can see what mods you have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idaho Rob did the tunes for me, the code number is P2563, Sorry about the sig i am still figuring the site out im not good with computers..

·
Banned
477 Posts
Did you have that code before the tunes? If not i would say its in the tune. Get ahold of Rob, im sure he will fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it only happened after the tunes were installed, I got ahold of him he wanted me to install the stock tune back into the truck and see if it was a mechanical problem or if it was from the install. I guess i should just do that i was just curious if anyone else had this happen and if i could correct it or if Rob had to.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Put the stock tune back in and let us know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cant get to it at the moment, as soon as i can i will post an update

Thank You!

·
Registered
42 Posts
just wondering if you got the error fixed and what the solution might have been. I have an 08 with EFI live and Rob's programing. it throws the code when towing a 12000lb trailer and I am in the throttle pretty hard. Was it Mechanical, or programming? Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
DTC P2563: Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Performance

The ECM detects that the difference between turbocharger vane position actual and desired is more than 15 percent for more than 5 seconds.

• Verify that any electrical aftermarket devices are properly connected and grounded. Refer to Checking Aftermarket Accessories .
• A MAP sensor that is skewed or bias may cause this DTC to set.
• A restricted oil supply feed to the turbocharger may cause this DTC to set. Refer to Turbocharger Lack of Oil Supply .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this same issue as well. I am running a DSP5 switch and tunes from Duramaxtuner.com. I have both codes P2563 and P003A. I have already replaced both the vane control solenoid and the vane position sensor but it still throws the codes. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the EFI programming. Also I've noticed that when I first start the truck and start driving, the truck won't build any boost for the first 10 or 15 seconds. After that, it builds boost just fine and drives great.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

06 Duramax LBZ..,

Did it resolve your issue when you returned to stock tune?

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I've read where several had problems wiring in the DSP switch having issues.
Could this be the problem your having maybe something went haywire installing the switch ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked the switch several times and made sure it was installed correctly. At first the switch didn't work but that was my fault because I had it wired in wrong. Once I fixed it, all of the tunes worked properly and works fine switching between the tunes.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I guess then the only way to know would be to put the stock tune back in.
You will have a check engine light but it should not be the one your having now if its not the tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately I sent in my ECU to have it re-flashed so I no longer have a stock ECU. I regret that decision now. I should have kept the stock one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reviving the thread here... I've had the same problem since I've installed the DSP 5. Switch, tunes and boost all seem to be great, except slow to build boost after start-up sometimes. Just curious if anyone here has info on the cause & resolution?

Code P2563 is what I'm referencing

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Reviving the thread here... I've had the same problem since I've installed the DSP 5. Switch, tunes and boost all seem to be great, except slow to build boost after start-up sometimes. Just curious if anyone here has info on the cause & resolution?

Code P2563 is what I'm referencing
This would be a very good ? for your EFI tuner.
My tuner (in sig) has NO problems answering the phone and try to help trouble shoot issues.
I know not all of the tuners work this way, I'm lucky to have made a good choice the second time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts