Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,324 Posts
Yes, autozone should be able to scan them for you, need the code to see what's going on with your truck. Lots of folks have had the check engine light come on. You can also use OnStar to have them check the code for you if you have that service. I also believe the 2020 has the option for reading codes or issues with your smart phone, again, if you have the service from GM.

·
Registered
2018 2500HD LTZ
8 Posts
2020 gmc 3500 Denali duramax with 38000 miles and my check engine light just came on. Any ideas or has this happened to anyone. Also does autozone scan these?
I have a 2018 L5P and have had this situation a few times during my 38K miles. I used to take it to the dealer everytime, and they would research and find no issues, thus reset the code.
1) Are there any other indicators like poor performance, or any of the gauges providing odd readings? If so, schedule a dealer visit.
2) If not, here is something else i learned: the check occurs each time you start the engine. I recommend that you always let the full cycle of auto checks occur prior to starting the engine. if the fault doesn't repeat for 13 straight times, the check engine light will go off. I was told by the dealer that the ECM is extremely sensitive to emission signals
3) I have also learned how to clean the MAF Sensor. The first time i took it out, i couldn't believe how much soot had built up on the little blue sensor. Just clean and reinstall. I believe it has greatly increased my fuel economy.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I believe any of the big box auto parts stores as well as others will read the codes for you. I've never been to Autozone for a read, but OlReillys uses nice, capable, Bosch scanners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts